Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

{{ weekend trip: Olite }}


Olite is a gorgeous small town about an hour away by bus from Pamplona. We visited this little town on a Saturday with some other students from school. It was the perfect weather for a little trip. While we had the entire day to visit this town, most of us got bored after 3 hours. It's that small...




The Palacio Real de Olite is a gothic style castle, a former residence of the Kings of Navarra. Our teacher had signed us up with a tour guide. I don't know what she was thinking because the tour guide was speaking only in Spanish. Forget me, she was speaking so fast that the more advanced students didn't even have a clue what she was saying.



we still had fun anyway...







aren't these beautiful?



I love the rustic colors...






So since it was Saturday and because we're in Spain, all the stores are closed after 12pm. (They really know how to live, don't they!) Maybe that's why we got too bored...

I dragged my brother to walk around with me. We came across a Spanish wedding, which I didn't have a chance to take any photos of. Shame on me. It was a beautiful event. It's amazing how much you learn and appreciate as an observer. The Spanish culture is everything a novel describes, is everything a painting portraits.

Then, we walked further... and further.. I think to a less touristy and more residential area. It was really interesting to see some of the more "local" scenes.




I've never seen anything like this on garage doors in Canada, but it's very common in Europe (at least in Spain and southern France).

I think it's pretty sweet...


No comments:

Post a Comment