Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

{{ nutella in the morning }}


from here

On Sunday, we made crepes for breakfast. I love crepes and I haven't had one for so long! Not only had I not had crepes for a long time, I hadn't had nutella for a looooong time.

This hazelnut flavoured chocolate spread is probably one of my favourite things in the world. It's great with thick toast (only with Asian bread though because they are sweeter in general. It's okay with regular white bread, but significantly not as good). It's great with banana slices in a sandwich and it's great with banana slices in a crepe. It's great. period.

note:
Unlike a regular white loaf of bread , asian white loaf doesn't have that round top, but is actually a perfect square in cross section. Slices of approximately 1" is most ideal for thick toast. Spread nutella on the bread and make a shallow cross with the knife across the top. Put this in the toaster oven until it's warm and a little crunchy at the top. yum!

Other common spreads for thick toast are: peanut butter, strawberry jam, butter, and, condensed milk.

As I was randomly searching on the internet, I found out that there is actually a World Nutella Day. I should've known. I mean, why wouldn't there be? It's on 5 February and I can't believe I missed it this year! Anyway, now i know for next year.

While we are talking about chocolate, I had a full pack of Ritter sport just now. It's my overeating self acting out again. I feel so sick and it's completely my fault. Where did my self-control go? I seem to be able to control myself better over the weekend. School sucks. Schools stresses me out. School makes me eat. I need to go to Bikram.

Anyway, Ryan and I have found great recipes that we want to try out this weekend. Excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment