Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

{{ spaghetti carbonara: in the making }}


I just finished my econ homework.

After coming home from school today I tried to read. It is a VERY bad idea to read a book in bed because well, I fell asleep. Who takes a nap at 5pm? Apparently I do...

Anyway, I worked on my portfolio for hours after my nap, trying to put everything together and doing some final editing for my statements. It was very stressful especially because my head has been throbbing these couple of days. My goal was to finish both econ and steel homework today, but obviously that didn't happen. I just finished my econ homework and yay, now I can finally blog about the FAB meal I made today.

Originally I was going to make the spaghetti carbonara for dinner, but Ryan came over around lunch time without a lunch. So we made it for lunch instead!




the bible of authentic italian cooking
over 1200 pages!

spaghetti alla carbonara

serves 4
2 tbsp butter
generous 1/2 cup pancetta, diced
1 garlic clove
12 ounces spaghetti
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1/2 cup romano cheese, freshly grated
salt and pepper

melt the butter in a pan, add the pancetta and garlic and cook until the garlic turns brown. Remove and discard the garlic. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti in a large pan of salted, boiling water until al dente, then drain and add to the pancetta. Remove the pan from the heat, pour in the eggs, add hlaf the Parmesan and half the romano and season with pepper. Mix well so that the egg coats the pasta. Add the remaining cheese, mix again and serve.




This recipe is so easy and quick and it's made in my new T-FAL non-stick pan (30cm)! The taste is divine! I really enjoyed using pancetta instead of bacon. The flavour is quite different and is absolutely exquisite. Wonderful lunch!

PS What should I make with the remaining pancetta I got in the fridge...

No comments:

Post a Comment